Friday 2 March 2012

Working for the chain gang

First time out on the road bike since a couple of rides in August last year. Successfully put my bike back together, and no skipping gears or sticking brakes, so marking up the cables before I took them out worked a lot better than expected. 2 hours to do 28 miles pretty good going, so happy enough to have survived that, especially after just under 2 hours on the mountain bike the day before.

Managed to go out with a new friend and a few of her friends last week. Saw a couple of people I used to know, while I was out. Resisted the urge to run away and just about kept the panic attack under control, which I was quite impressed with. Got a few funny looks from my friend so obviously she figured something was wrong with me but she wan't sure what it was and I wasn't up for telling her. Also managed to resist the urge to punch or glass him, or to tell her some of the more interesting aspects of his dating history. If she wants to be second-hand to a string of prostitutes that is her look-out. I was advised not to write that, but it is true so fuck it, and anyway there is no need to take my word for it, it wasn't like he kept it a secret.

That my one attempt at going out socially had me so stressed and in a state for the next couple of days meant that I haven't tried to go out again. The nearest I got was getting a friend to take me to the apple store this morning with my broken phone and then to the beach with Dexter this afternoon and even that left me stressed out for the day.

In numbers the last three weeks have been mostly good. Have lost a couple of kilos again, back down to 72, which is a bit disappointing. But in the 22 days since I last posted, while I have clocked up a pitiful 11.7 running miles (all treadmill), I have also managed a half-decent 118 on the bike (28 road, 15 mountain, 75 exercise bike) and a slightly short 2.5 in the pool.

I had an opportunity to go out to try and run tomorrow or sunday but I haven't been able to arrange a babysitter to look after me so will be sitting in front of the TV all weekend again instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment