Sunday 12 August 2012

End of the Olympics

It has been 6 weeks since I have been on here. The first of those were just cos I had nothing to say that week, and a couple were because it was a year since I started here, and the way I was feeling it seemed better not to go over things again and then the Olympics has come along and distracted me for the last few.

So I didn't do a race report about Inverurie triathlon. Which I probably should have as it was a half decent race.

And I am not going to do much of a race report about today's Westhill triathlon either. It was generally a bit crap. Didn't swim well, had problems with my chip that meant I had to stop and take it off, and even without that interruption I was on a slow swim time anyway. Then I faffed about for a while in T1 putting my chip back on. Then my helmet didnt fit (Cheers Emma) biked ok for the first half with the bike running silently since I serviced it and relubed the chain (Thanks again Colin) and then just seemed to switch off and struggled from there. T2 was a disaster, after 5 attempts to put my shoes on I eventually had to sit on the ground to get them on. The run was at least as dire. 20:48 for a 4.2km course. Even with how little running I have done in the last year I should still be running nearly 5 minutes under that.

In between races I have been training almost a sensible amount. Still not running properly, or enough, but at least managing to run a bit. Road biking plenty and longer, swimming plenty and faster whenever it isnt a race. Not had the mountain bike out at all, which I should probably change while it is weather I don't hate.

Tomorrow I have to figure out what to do with all the extra time that I have been using to watch the Olympics. I guess the other 80 TV channels will probably come back into use. Started early with that as the Closing ceremony started badly and I turned over for a bit of Top Gun instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment